Low: looks best with a pompadour or some teasing to add some spice. Otherwise it can look a little too simple. If you don’t feel comfortable teasing or twisting hair back into a low ponytail you can also add fun accessories. Add a glitzy headband or clip in a cute flower near the base of the ponytail.
High: is the classic ponytail position that made Barbie famous. Make it retro with cute short bangs or look like a super model by positioning your ponytail on top of your head.
Side: ponytails are not just for little girls anymore. Placing the pony on either lower side of your head makes a fun flirty statement and looks very chic. So easy to do and also looks cute with headbands or other accessories.
Extra Ponytail Tips:
- Get inspired and leave a perimeter of hair out of the ponytail then twist or braid pieces you left out towards the ponytail and secure to hair tie with a bobby pin.
- Put up all of your hair in a ponytail. Take a piece of hair from under the ponytail and wrap it around your hair tie to hide it. Spray with hairspray and secure piece with a bobby pin into the base of the ponytail.
- Consider purchasing a hairpiece to clip over your ponytail to add length and/or volume to your pony. The celebrities do it all the time!
- Leave your pony straight and sleek or curl it for a fun bouncy look.
- Tease the top of your head before smoothing and pulling hair back into a ponytail. Adding this volume adds height, interest, and softness to the look.
Love, The Happy Hair Stylist